- At Saplings, we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which is a requirement for all preschools and nurseries in England.
- The EYFS includes a framework of child development from birth to 5 years. (Development Matters) Our exceptional experienced team of Early Years Practitioners support children’s learning by understanding their interests, planning a rich and stimulating environment to explore then supporting,
- observing and assessing progress or identifying support required.
- Each child is assigned a key worker who will track their learning and record children’s progress on Tapestry which is an interactive online learning journal that parents have excess to and can comment on our photos and assessments and add pictures from home of the experiences children have with their families.
- The Development Matters is divided into 7 areas of learning.
- Personal Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development.
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Expressive Art and Design.
- Learning within Early Years Education is based on play and at Saplings we
- recognise that children learn at different rates, in different ways and have
- different learning styles. Through observation we identify their;
Characteristics of Effective Learning.
- Playing and Exploring
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
- All underpinned by the Four EYFS Principles; Unique Child, Positive Relationships, Enabling Environments and Learning & Development.
- Plans are “fluid” and can change very quickly according to the children’s own interests, events and desire to learn. We also plan age appropriate adult led activities in order to provide the children with an opportunity to explore new ideas,
- activities and abilities, as well as ensuring we give every child the opportunity to learn something new.